Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another Kraftin' Kimmie challenge

This week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge was to make something other than a card. I really need to get working on craft show items again, so I decided to make a bookmark for my challenge project. It was so much fun, I made a bunch more! :)

Here's my Kraftin' Kimmie bookmark which uses Posy, one of the adorable Moonlight Whispers stamps:


Isn't she sweet? I used my Copics to color her. Other supplies include: Plum Pudding cs (PTI), purple dp (Penny Lane, My Minds' Eye), Scarlet cs (TAC), Martha Stewart border punch.

After this one, I just kept going! This pair uses Alfie (probably my favorite image of all time from DigiStamp Boutique) and Autumn Anya (TGF). Of all the bookmarks I made, the Anya one is my favorite. I will make some more of that one, perhaps with different papers/color scheme.


Here's one last pair. I love this little dog from TiddlyInks. When I make something for a craft show, I try to offer it in a variety of styles to suit different buyers/gift recipients. I thought this would be a cute little gift for a little girl. The other one is simpler and aimed at more grown up tastes. I really like the sentiment stamp from TAC. It reads "Simply put you make the world better."


I forgot to photograph the backs of my bookmark, but each one has a piece of cardstock cut 1/8" smaller glued to the back. It hides where I've attached the ribbon to the back (which I attach with a piece of super stick "red tape") and makes the bookmark sturdier. The bookmarks are approximately 2 3/4" by 5 3/4". Try making one (or a bunch!) yourself. They are a lot of fun and make good gifts for just about anyone!

2 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

ALL your bookmarks are adorable and your colouring is fantastic! Posy looks great! Thanks for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge!!

Stacy said...

These are adorable! I could not pick a favorite if I had to, I love them all, however that little dog is a cutie (as a dog lover it is hard not to love it)Thanks for the details, I have been wanting to try out some book marks!