Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stamping Fun

Last night I had some local stamping friends over for a little Christmas card making session. As hostess, I had to come up with 3 cards ideas. I used 3 favorites from The Angel Company, including two new sets from the Fall supplement, Inspiration Avenue.

My first card was a simplified version of Jan Tin's beautiful snowflake card. I had intended to try her resist technique, but could not find my white gel pen. (Of course, you'd be lucky to find anything in my craft room, but that's another story...) So, necessity being the mother of invention, I simply stamped some white snowflakes with my Opaque White Staz-On (which unfortunately, didn't turn out very opaque -- it was really not my night!)




The little snowflake in the corner is a clear, iridescent Jesse James "button". (Can you really call them buttons if they don't have holes are were never meant to be anything but decorative?) Stamps: Ornamental Snowflakes, greeting from a previous hostess set (TAC)
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink in Faded Denim, Opaque White Staz-On

I knew I wanted to use Joyful Ornaments on my second card since I think it's so pretty and yet so quick to stamp with. (As much as I absolutely LOVE to color, it is time-consuming so a bold stamp is a nice alternative.) I was going through my supplies looking for a neglected item and found these premade cards from K&Co. I wasn't happy with the way these cards worked when I first tried them, but after scoring the layer at 5.5" and gluing the punched end together, the card opened up much nicer. I used some of my favorite papers on this card - Scarlet cardstock (the BEST red), Brown cardstock, and Reece dp, all from The Angel Company. The Joyful Ornaments are stamped in Moulin Rouge Palette ink and I used some Burnt Umber Palette ink to sponge on edges of the layers.

Since this card is large (the rectangular part of the card is 5 X 6 inches), I think this card would be perfect for putting a photo inside.

This was the last card that we made, which is based on Sketch 17 from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog. I love snowmen, and this set, Merriest Wishes, has the most adorable snowmen & snowladies ever!

I used more TAC Scarlet cardstock, as well as some green Bazzill Monochromatics cs. The dp is from Hobby Lobby and the pink paper is just something from my scrap pile. (This card layout is good for using up those little strips of paper we stampers often find ourselves with.) The hearts are more Jesse James buttons and I used my COPIC markers to color in this snowlady. (I have to assume anyone wearing a hat with flowers and a shirt with ruffles is NOT a snowman, lol!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards. Love the Joyful Ornaments card - the colors are so rich. rita w

mulberry station said...

Love your cards. What fun images. I especially love the snowman ans ornaments!

Sheri Gilson said...

Great cards!! I love the second one!!

Diana said...

These are sooooooooooo gorgeous! I really love that tag one, so classy! And that inking?! Wahoo! Cute snowman too! I hope I can come to the next gathering.....