Monday, July 20, 2009

A Walk in the Park

This was a fun day! I had a nice afternoon with the girls and got in a little cardmaking tonight. I made this card for Priscilla's Midnight Madness challenge #10. I missed the deadline but I really enjoyed making the card, so all's good. :)


I'd had this Lilly Anna paper forever but never used it. I thought the fun, girly colors were perfect for this image from TAC's "Just Dream" set. (Other supplies: Lilly Anna ribbon, flower & buttons from the Audrey Embellishment Jar, green Scrapper's Floss, Prismacolor pencils and OMS, SU! paper piercing/stitching template and MM paper piercer.)

This is my favorite part of summer. Summer school has ended and the back to school stuff has not yet begun. The girls and I took advantage of beautiful weather and a free day to visit Rock Bridge State Park.

Rock Bridge was once its own community. You can see the foundation of a house that was stood on the property. (You can see Ali hiking along it on the right.)


We're not quite sure what this is, but it was kind of cool anyway...

Dixie thought this was a pretty great way to cap off a long walk - with ice cream! :)


(Unfortunately for her, her day would ultimately end with a brushing and a BATH, but she didn't know it at this moment, lol!)

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Your card is so cute. I love all the buttons and the pretty pinks and greens together. Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week.

Carolyn, MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

What a good day! We've been having gorgeous weather too. Such a welcome surprise in the middle of July. :-)

Danni said...

What a pretty card! Wonderful job! Love seeing your photos too...I miss seeing all that "green" since we're in the desert!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card!! Love those colors! The dp is gorgeous and your take on the sketch is fab!! Glad you are enjoying your summer!
Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!

Priscilla said...

Better late than never :) I really like you card. Great job with the sketch. Love all your pictures too...I love yellow labs..I have one..tfs and thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness (MMSC10) Sketch Challenge

Priscilla
MMDT