Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Challenge and A Secret

I managed to get this card done tonight for the weekly Whiff of Joy Challenge. This week's challenge was a sketch challenge, which I love! Deciding on a layout is usually what takes me the longest when I'm making a card.


I, the queen of indecision and procrastination, managed to get this card done in approximately an hour. How did I manage this? Let me let you in on a little secret... I hate to clean up!! Despite my best intentions, I am usually surrounded by a certain amount of clutter. If I was a fictional character, I would be Pigpen or Oscar Madison. So, rather than clean up all those paper scraps from my workspace (because I certainly couldn't throw them away, now could I?!), I'd rather use them to make another card. These scraps were leftover from the Kewpie card I made tonight and they seemed like they'd work well with this image and sketch. (That's also how Rosie was followed by Russell!)

So, sometimes a bad habit can also have its silver lining. :-)

2 comments:

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Hee...I'm the same, except my mess stays as I can shut the door...

This is beautiful....superb colours, colouring and papers....stunning..xx

Beth T said...

The color combo works great with this stamp. Very cute!