Sunday, March 8, 2009

MFT Idol!

I've never even watched an episode of American Idol (am I the only one in America who hasn't?!) but I couldn't wait to play MFT Idol over on SplitCoastStampers! I used the Mothers' Day MFT set that I'd recently purchased from All That Scraps, along with my trusty K&Co designer cardstock stack. The beautiful prints and soft, vintage colors seemed perfect for a Mothers' Day card.


Side view to show off the varying layers & textures:


A close up of the paper piecing (yes, I paper pieced those leaves and flowers!):

I punched the leaves out of cardstock, stippled them with green ink and used a stylus to create the veins:

I figure that even if I don't make the first cut, I'll at least have my mom's Mothers' Day card made!

Supplies: Mothers Day stamp (MFT), K& Co Classic McKenna designer paper stack, DCWV cardstock, kraft and ivory cardstock from TAC, Fiskars floral border punch, Emaginations leaf punch, flower (source unknown), COPIC markers, Noir and Jardin Moss Palette inks, pop-dots.

3 comments:

GBK Gwyneth said...

You do such nice work Lisa. I really enjoy looking at the cards you've been working on.

and I am sure you are not surprised to hear that I have never seen American Idol either.

Danni said...

This is beautiful!! I love the paper piecing on the leaves and flowers! Such a great touch!

Diana said...

Drop dead gorgeous! Good luck!