Monday, January 26, 2009

Cool New Project

I first saw this project in the December issue of Craft Stamper magazine, which is a terrific stamping magazine from the U.K. (You can find it at Barnes & Noble.) This book is used to hold/organize cards.

For the cover, I used Robin #3 cardstock, stamped the trees with Versmark and brushed them with aqua and brown shimmer chalks, then lightly stippled Cote D'Azure and Burnt Umber Palette ink. The tree is from the TAC stamp set, Love and Laughter, and is stamped in Burnt Umber on TAC Ivory cardstock, matted with TAC's brown cardstock. Below is a sample of the inside pocket pages. I used TAC's Amberly Grace paper to decorate the inside pages. (They're all different but I didn't think you'd want to see all of them.)

Here's an "aerial view":


This would make a wonderful gift filled with a few handmade cards and a book of stamps. I'm planning on offering a class on this project later this year. Contact me if you're in mid-MO and would be interested in attending.

4 comments:

Kim H. said...

Great job!! I love it! I purchased something like this to use as a bill book to hold my montly bills. But it is starting to fall apart. I will definatly have to make myself a new one!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!!

Bren said...

Awesome. What are the demensions.

B

Heather said...

what a beautiful little book! You did a great job - love the colors!

Courtney said...

That is so pretty! Great job!