Wednesday, January 30, 2008

One Little Word

Fans of Ali Edwards are probably familiar with her "One Little Word", which is a word she selects every year to be a sort of "guide" for the year ("a word that I can focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life").
http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2007/12/an-end-a-beginn.html

Well, after a lot of time & thought, I've chosen the word SIMPLICITY for 2008.

SIMPLICITY: freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort; freedom from complexity; absence of pretentiousness; clarity of expression.

Ways I'm applying simplicity to my life:
- Paring down my stamping/crafting supplies so they are easier to keep neat
- Learning to say "no" and not overscheduling myself or adding too many things to my To Do list.

What's your word going to be? If you need some inspiration, check this out:
http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2008/01/the-words.html

1 comment:

GBK Gwyneth said...

I'm having a hard time with this one...

I want to consider the "important things" versus the "urgent things", but I can't decide on a one word way to say it.

Connect, but also disconnect with the things that are not important...